Why rent a car in Croatia?
Croatia is a beautiful country to visit for its vibrant cities, gorgeous countryside, and lovely beaches. With delicious food and interesting sights, Croatia has plenty to offer couples and families as a vacation destination. Getting around this country is simple and convenient with a rental car in Croatia. Read on to find out what to visit and how to get the cheapest car hire in Croatia.
The country makes for a great holiday destination whether you prefer cities or beaches. The country has a long coastline, meaning there are plenty of beaches to choose from. They run the length of the country, so it's advised to rent a car in Croatia to explore multiple beaches while on holiday.
Why choose a rental car in Croatia through HAPPYCAR?
What to do in Croatia?
Croatian cities feature a delightful mix of old and new. The classic architecture mixes with contemporary dining and shopping opportunities in many large Croatian cities. Below are some of the highlights on offer. With car hire in Croatia, it's easy to see one or all of them on a trip when you have the freedom to go wherever your mood takes you.
- Zagreb: Zagreb is the capital city of Croatia and contains some fantastic examples of Croatian history. The Cathedral of Zagreb is a sight to behold for traditional sightseers. Meanwhile, those who prefer something a bit more unusual should check out the Museum of Broken Relationships.
- Split: Split is another coastal town, this time overlooking the Dalmatian Coast. It's particularly known for its beaches with crystal blue water. History buffs will find much to enjoy, including Diocletian's Palace.
- Dubrovnik: Dubrovnik is an ancient city on the coast overlooking the Caspian Sea. Its Old Town is incredibly well-preserved, looking much like it did in the 16th century. It's quite an experience to walk down the ancient streets before dining at a nearby restaurant.
Some people might recognize Dubrovnik as the filming location of King's Landing from Game of Thrones! It's easy to get to with cheap car rentals in Croatia and there are special tours available.
Rent a car in Croatia - What's important to know?
1. Are there major annual festivals and events?
The country is home to many festivals each year. Many take place on the beach. Music and food festivals are especially popular and worth checking out. The majority of festivals take place between May-September each year.
2. Are there any special rules to be aware of when driving?
All competent car rental establishments should provide this information when you rent a car. In summary, you must carry a safety vest in your car rental in Croatia at all times, and not in the trunk. It must be worn while attending a breakdown. You must also have winter tires on your vehicle between November-April. Traffic information is only available in English on the radio during the tourist season.
3. How can I take out insurance?
During your search, choose an Excellent Offer, where you fully cover your excess. Any damage costs will be reimbursed to you by the provider in accordance with their terms and conditions.
4. What documents do I need to pick up the rental car?
Every car rental company in Croatia needs the following documents from you:
- ID/ passport
- Driving license
- Credit card
- Your car rental voucher
All documents must be issued in the name of the main driver.
5. Can I cancel if my plans change?
Croatia car hire can be booked in complete confidence due to our free cancellation policy. You can cancel without charge up to 48 hours before pick-up. With HAPPYCAR, you get a risk-free cheap car rental in Croatia every time.
When you're looking for the best car hire in Croatia, choose HAPPYCAR. We have a worldwide network of car rentals, including the best car rental in Croatia. Whether you're looking for cheap car rentals in Honolulu or Dallas, we can help.
To make you feel safe during your trip to Croatia, we suggest you choose one of our Top Offers. For more information about car rental, you can always visit our FAQs.